Monday, July 30, 2007
The Road to the Rockies
We started the last week with two amazing canoe adventures near Spokane. The first was a short evening trip down the Little Spokane River where we had a close and a bit nerve-racking encounter with a momma mouse and a newborn. The second was down a little known stretch of the Pend Orielle River with amazing wilderness camping and scenic big river paddling (get a boat, go here, it's great). We entered Canada that afternoon and made break for the Rockies. Bigger mountains, expensive beer, nice people. We're just getting started up in the north country, more photos to come. Thanks for visiting.
1) Michelle descending the ridge from Ghostrider Mountain (2340meteres). Fernie, British Columbia.
2) Rest break on a mid-river sandbar on the Elk River (I+).
Posted by IanOutThere Intl at 10:45 AM
Wednesday, July 25, 2007
The Making Of The
1) Square steel tubing sparks as I cut.
2) Harvey welds a corner together. This photo may have fried my camera's LCD screen.
3) The gloss black frame awaits its wood top in its new home.
Posted by IanOutThere Intl at 8:56 PM